Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Rise and shine!

A song that I often think of when I first wake up in the morning goes like this:

"Rise, and shine, and give God the Glory! Glory!
Rise, and shine, and give God the Glory! Glory!"

And so on. It's peppy and happy and you jump up and down and clap while singing. We used to sing this song at various camps and at LOG on the last morning of the retreat. It can be kind of an obnoxious when you're super tired and just want to stay asleep. This song would actually make people angry at LOG on Sunday morning after hardly sleeping for a weekend. But man does this song wake me up. I wanted to sing it this morning when I was feeling sick and tired at Starbucks. I should have sung this song during the 3 hr break between my 2 classes, but instead, I cried and was stressed out and had Matt come pick me up from the library because it was raining and he gave me a pep talk and I didn't get any homework done. I was glad for the talk and glad to not think about school work for a little while.

2 comments:

Jamie Hergott said...

aw i'm sorry about the tears and rainy day.

we used to sing that song CONSTANTLY at church. cuz we're good lutherans...

Sam said...

Man, being teachers sure makes it hard for us to talk to each other.

Sad panda.

I tagged you. Go to my site and see what the heck I'm talking about.

Love you.