Monday, April 14, 2008

As the blog title implies...

I am currently in the process of sending my resumes and all sorts of other info out to almost all of the middle and high schools in this entire county in hopes that one of them will give me a job. I actually have most of my hopes set on one particular school but am sending my stuff to all of the schools just in case. Can't put all of my eggs in one basket, right?

I just finished printing out a bunch of resumes and cover letters and sample syllabuses and examples of lesson plans to send to 8 area schools. I just can't believe this is already happening. In my head, I'm still like 12 years old. I mean, I've grown up in some ways: I pay all of my bills on time, I drive a car, I cook food, I clean my apartment, and so on. I realize that I actually am mature enough to handle having a career (CAREER, not just job), but it still seems pretty intense.

My hope is that I'll be a history teacher, and then each year we'll start a magical journey through time, focusing on the people that shape history. You scoff, but you know it's cool. Please, please let me get hired...

1 comment:

learnsomethingeveryday said...

I do know its cool. Plus, you're cool. You better get hired or the schools need some schoolin' on how to hire great teachers.