Monday, April 21, 2008

Maybe I'm just not supposed to be a biker

I just fell off of my (well Matt's) bike. I have some scrapes on my arms and legs, the normal road rash places like knees and elbows. But then I have these weird scrapes in weird places like the middle of my forearm, so that must be from the handlebars or something, and then my toes are really messed up, specifically my right big toe. I was wearing flip flops whilst riding, and I think that's what caused my spill in the first place, so let's remember not to do that again. Most of the skin on the outside of my big toe is gone. I'm pretty queasy, so thinking about it, and also looking at it, making me feel a little sick to my stomach.

However, I managed to not cry, which made me feel proud, and the incredibly nice mail man who was right there when I fell and helped me up and gather my belongings afterward said I fell well, that I held myself up pretty well so it could've been a lot worse. Excellent. I'm just lucky I didn't hit my head. Well, I may have hit my head a little, but I don't have a headache, so I think I'm alright. I won't go to sleep anytime soon, just to be safe...

I fell on the way back from the bank, where I went to get quarters for laundry. Yet another reason to hate doing laundry. It makes me fall off bikes. I'm just sitting here trying not to think about my injuries and trying not to throw up or feel like passing out anymore. Also, I don't have any band-aids in my apartment, so feel free to send some my way if you're able.

1 comment:

ekuehn said...

i'm a little behind on your blog, but i love this entry :) i fell off of my bike a couple of days ago, but fortunately it was right at my own back door and i just let myself fall into the patch of grass that the landlord so carefully tends. i don't think anyone saw me, so i just laid there for a minute, thinking about how awesomely graceful i am, and was thankful that i didn't get scraped up. sorry to hear that you weren't as fortunate ... and i definitely wouldn't recommend riding a bike in flip flops, i've nearly injured myself before doing that. celebrate the chacos instead :)