Monday, April 7, 2008

This is such a bad idea

I caught the blog bug. Friends are doing it, so I think to myself, is anything I have to say really worth writing down for other people to read? Sometimes I answer myself, no, probably not. But today, I thought, Yes, darnit, sometimes things I think and say to myself are good enough for other people to read. Have some self-confidence, girl.

So here is my new, self-confident blog.

However, I'm scared to death of some things.

I'm afraid that I won't get a job teaching and will be stuck working at Starbucks for another year, and kids in the class I student taught in last quarter will come in and be like, "Hey Miss L! I thought you were trying to become a real teacher!" And I'll be like, "Yeah that didn't work out, and why are you at Starbucks at 1 in the afternoon? Go back to school."

The main fear of life, however, is that I'll forever live to try to please my father. I have father issues. I thought only crazy people who either live the rest of their lives talking to a wall or professional athletes were the only ones to have father issues. There's still time for those things, I suppose, though the wall-talking is more likely.

Anyway, this is post 1. We'll see if I make it to post 2. Love you guys.

2 comments:

Jamie Hergott said...

POST TWO! POST TWO! POST TWO!

that's my chant for the day.

learnsomethingeveryday said...

Hahaha...I knew it was only time. Keep up the blogging.

And, it sounds like you could use a good hug. So put your left hand on your right shoulder, your right hand on your left shoulder, and squeeze for a good ten seconds. That's from me :) Btw, don't do that in public, you'll worry people.