Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ack!

I'm stressed out again. I'm writing for your benefit, yes you, dear reader, even though I should be doing some reading or assignment for one of my four summer classes. Growl.

Summer A = 6 weeks long.

I am taking 2 online courses run by professors (really freaking cool grad students), and it's nice to not have class meetings, but they're still going to be pretty labor-intensive, especially since they're grad-level classes.

I am also taking 2 classes that meet in class rooms, the old fashioned way. One of them is an adolescent psychology course, in which we've already had a pretty cool discussion. That meets every day for an hour and 15 minutes, which isn't that bad considering this year got me used to 3-hr long class periods. Speaking of 3-hr long class periods, I'm also taking an ESOL (English to Speakers of Other Languages) methods course. In theory, this could possibly be a cool class. In practice, it will supersuck. It meets twice a week for 3 hours, and yesterday, our first class meeting, was the most unorganized, chaotic class session I've had since I was the one teaching, and those only were allowed to last for 50 minutes, not 3 hours. She threw 3 projects on us in one night and had us sign up for volunteering that we weren't informed that we were going to do. Volunteering is great, and I'll be glad to do it, but we should've been told in advance. Work schedules need to be arranged. Other class readings and assignments need to be done. Sleep needs to occur to some extent.

I know that I can make it through 6 weeks. I'm just going to be frazzled and tired through most of it. On top of classes, I'm supposed to be working my butt off to find a job somewhere in the area of Gainesville, but thinking about that makes me want to cry a little bit, especially since I've been awake since 4.45am, as I worked the opening shift this morning.

I'm also worried because Matt and I are going to Boston this weekend for his sister's graduation, something that's been planned for months now. I can't wait for this trip because it is going to be so much fun, but I am going to be feeling guilty and distracted the whole time we're there.

Sorry. Probably not a very fun post to read, but I needed to write it all down because when everything I have to do is just floating around in my head, it feels like way too much to handle. When I write it down, I feel like I'm hammering it down, to some extent.

In other news, I finally went to the grocery store and bought food. I now have my supply of cereal and cheezits, along with some other things, including roasted almonds. That will be an exciting snack later. :)

No comments: