Saturday, May 10, 2008

Boysitting and other endeavors

I got a haircut yesterday. I love it. I'm sorry I can't upload pictures of my haircut because I don't have a camera right now. I realize I really need one, but now is not the time in my life to be buying cameras. Now is a great time in my life to be getting a job, like a teaching job that would actually be more like a career. Florida is a terrible state that does terrible things to its education budget, so if those of you who pray regularly would like to pray for me that I actually do get a job in this state, I would really appreciate it. It sounds like there's more hope than I thought at first, but I'm still a little worried.

A nice thing to do when I'm worried is, I find, babysitting. This particular mom refers to it as "boysitting," which I think is funny, because honestly this 9 year old is no baby. He's so smart and with it and is a ton of fun to hang out with on a Saturday night every once in a while.

The last time I boysat was the day after this boy's birthday, and he was off the wall. He had just gotten a Wii and ate half his birthday cake after dinner, and we chased his cat around outside and looked for good trees to climb, something about which I am an expert. (There were, in my expert opinion, no good trees to climb in their new backyard.)

So I'll go boysit now, and I'll probably be done around 11pm, and then I'll come home and wait for it to be Sunday so I can go pick up Matt at the airport. :)

No comments: