Thursday, May 22, 2008

In Class again

I'm posting in class again. She thinks the internet is out, so she probably thinks I'm taking really good notes. That might actually be a good thing to do...

I've been having some trouble making myself post lately because I wasn't really feeling like sharing my feelings. I've been stressed out about school, finding a job, working, figuring out the near future, and so on. That's not fun stuff to read, and it's not really fun to write about. Today, things aren't any different than they were yesterday, technically, but I feel like I can take a deep breath and think about other things.

We went to Boston this weekend. Matt's sister graduated from Boston University, and she won a bunch of awards and got some honors, and it was pretty cool overall. Boston is a fantastic city, and a lot of Matt's family members were there. Also, I love the way that Matt and his sister are together. They're friends who really really care about each other. I don't have a brother, and my sister quite a bit older than I am, so being that close with a family member is pretty awesome to be around.

We went to a lot of different ceremonies and things like that, but then we also got to enjoy Boston a little bit. I've never loved cities, but I could see myself spending time in a city like Boston. Comparing Boston to Gainesville is just sort of unfair to Gainesville. Gainesville is like a yard sale or an antique store or something. Parts of the town are really cool and quaint, like the good stuff in an antique store, but then there are parts that are just junk. Who needs an old ladder or a tin bucket? Why do antique stores sell that crap? I still love Bloomington like my favorite pair of tennis shoes, but that's because I walked all over that town and molded it to my feet.

I'll keep trying to learn Gainesville, but it's like trying to start a relationship after falling out of love with your first love. Can I use any more metaphors in this post? The point is, I'm not in love with Gainesville, but I'm willing to put forth effort to this relationship. I'll try to make it work. Hopefully we'll get along until it's time to make a change.

No comments: